![]() |
| My souvenir pic! |
It was really exciting!!! Drew Carey is so funny! He was making jokes about how he just had to wait for Mel Gibdon to let himself go so now he's hotter the Mel Gibbson! LOL
Well the whole experience was really neat, I thought they randomly pick people but no the interview people. They take a large group and of about 10 and ask a little bit about your self. Unfortunately for me I was next to this really interesting couple. Her name was Amy and her her and her husband were touring around the USA in their winnebago, stopping also to do side job cause she was a yoga instructor and they are also volunteer for a program that takes Jewish people to Jerusalem where they are tour guides! I didn't stand a chance! But it was still really fun. She ended up being called down and won a pair of bikes I was happy for her! (It airs 21 Feb)
What was really neat was that I was there from 8 till like 3 and I was sitting next to her the whole time so I was curious about Judaism and her volunteer work, so I had tons of questions for her! Then as we are 5 mins from showtime she flips it on me and ask me what I believe in. I was a little taken back not expecting to share, but told her I was LDS or Mormon. And then she goes s tell me a story from the book of Mormon. They way she said it I felt like I was being set up for reticule or something along those lines so I hesitated. The I told sure no problem I use to teach a youth Sunday school class, let's start in the begining. So I stared with Nephi and Lamen and Lemuel and I was just getting to much in to detail and could tell I was kinda losing her. Well then they made the announcement that we were going on set in a few minutes so if we need to go to the bathroom now would be the time, we were sitting right in front of the bathroom so now I had a crowd and felt like backing down. But I had a feeling that I shouldn't be ashamed and then I was inspired to tell a different story so I tell her , let me tell you the one thing I really like about the LDS faith, they put a lot of responsibility back on the members, I told her let me tell you the last story in the book of Mormon. So I tell her about how Mormon is dying and he's giving the scriptures to Moroni and he tells him if he wants to find out for himself if they are true he needs to pray about it. That's what we encourage all our members to do, to pray about it and find out for them self if the Book of Mormon is true! She smiled at me and shook her head like yes that's neat. I was really satisfied with my small testimony to her and felt good that even in the most unexpected area I was able to be a missionary!




No comments:
Post a Comment