Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving day and dinner ended up being a really great day. I was skeptical the day before. I had reseverd a party room and sent invited to my family here in Japan (my branch family). Thinking alot of people would like to hang out, of course I forgot that the ship came back the week before so lotas of families would want to be with their family welocoming their love ones back. So I only had 2 famlies saying they like to come. Jamie (who's so so great offered to help me organize and corridinate this special occasion) Well the day came and it started off with putting or turkery in trash can. That's right trash can! Evan was cooking the turkery and he was brine it (thats soaking it in a salt solution water, so that it stays nice and juicy!)

Victoria has recently wanted to help with everything that goes on in the kitchen. So0
here she is helping her dad!

And of course Bella comes to see what's going on and ends up "helping" too! :)


In goes the turkery to soak in a (brand new& clean) trash can!





So I had planed crafts of tye-dying leafes and making turkerys at the dinner. Victoria and I tried out the tye-dying leaves to fill some time. After realizing what a mess that would be we decided against the craft, I then realized how little time I had & went into panic mood. We went to the party room and started rearanging & decorating, while Evan finshed cooking. We had fished everything on time which was great! In all the commotion I forgot my camrea. Our familes showed up the Bryan's brought some great veggie dishes sweet potatoes that were soo yummy!
The VanOrden's brought some extra turkey, gravey stuffing and Mashpotatoes (that the girls loved!) Plus rolls and pies!!Thanks soo much Bonnie! The Baumgartner's brought a yummy salad and deseret! It was sooo much food and it was so good! I couldn't have asked or wished for a better Thankgiving! We then played apples to apples and had so much fun! Thank You guys for the great memories. You guys were great and made my Thanksgiving so wonderful! I'm soo thankful for each and every one of you!

If had taken pictures this would have been one with Bella's little belly so full and lazy after our faboulous dinner!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: