Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation

So we are 4 days in to our vacation, and it feels like so much has happened! Getting here was a pain. We thought we were supposed to be on the 1230 but we were actually signed up for the 2:30 bus. So we were early! I hurt my back - kinda pulled it- Early in the week I lifted Bella the wrong way. Then I went and picked up my bike with my new child seat installed and had to try it out and strained it when i got on it even more. So by the time we were trying to leave I was hurting! We finally get on the bus to catch our plane at 600 which board a 515. We got there at 4ish and were in line to check bag then go through security, where the confiscated our Desatin, but let us keep a tub of lotion? Any ways then walk down the longest hallway with moving walk ways to gate 47 to get there just as they were finish boarding! Rush Rush Rush we made it. To our uncomfy chairs were the kids wiggled all through their sleep! It was exhausting! We get off and it's hot hot HOT! Like 112 hot! I forgot how hot it gets here and it's dry heat not humid heat! Oh well at first I was like why did we come during the summer? But we are adjusting and having a fantastic time! Evan says it's OK! It would be better with out kids! So the day we got here made the 9 hr flight over the ocean and then the 3 hr car ride home where during the morning Evan’s mother had passed a wild fire, as we drove back it was out the field was black and the black grass/ash was still smoking! Did I mention it was hot! So the first day we checked out Evan’s parents new home in Madera which is nice, not to different from the old one, but defiantly an upgrade. I love the floors I might take a picture of them. Speaking of pics I'll add the next month when we get home sorry!

So I rested my tired back as we started the 10th over for the second time; the kids kept screaming cause they were afraid of Evans great Dane/black lab. He's the size of a little pony to the girls. Bella finally got comfortable and started playing with the toys as I fell asleep (all jet lagged), she tumbled into the toy box. Her nose was all dry so it started to bleed and like a 9 month won't let me put pressure on it to stop the bleed but instead tilts her head back trying to get away from my towel. Then coughing up blood that’s running back from her nose. Fun!

Well After our small ordeals it really dose get better.

Friday- still sore I was willing to go for a bit- We met my mom at Wal-Mart! My favorite store! I know I’m ghetto and am putting people out of jobs in America but I'm and addict! I love Wally world! Anyways. Did some little shopping and it was fun. My mom had the boys and they love Victoria. They just wanted to walk with her and hold her had the whole time we were in the store. They wanted to show her all the neat Dora toys- even thought she not that big a fan, But hey I'm not going to rain on their parade besides they are keeping her happy and entertained and close by; by holding her hand so I'm free to browse - close by obviously! After we finished at Wal-mart my mom was having her car’s oil changed and it wasn't ready so we went out to get lunch at a Asian buffet! Yeah I get to have sushi! Almost as good a Japan! It's funny how I enjoy so much these little things! No pics! I swear I'm going to tie the camera up around my neck this week! We then had a great enchilada dinner! Ummy! It so great to have all this great food and not cook or clean after it! I’m sure they get me with dishes soon!

Saturday -we went to a little party my dads side of the family was throwing. Try to follow the genealogy line on this - It was my cousin’s daughter birthday party. So my second cousin! My dads sister Trinada (who passed away) daughters (Denita), daughter Samantha! Well I guess that wasn't to hard to follow. It was great to catch up with my Gomez side of the family. See my cousins and my aunts. Swim in the pool hang out with my dad and nephews and mom. All though I messed up and didn't take pictures. Oh well next time!
Saturday evening - I went out shopping because Evan had left me home with the girls till like Noon when he said he was only going to the farmers market needless to the say when he got back I was frizzed and after the party just needed a little me time. Although I don't know how to drive anywhere so Evans dad drove to Wal-mart so I could find some shorts and 900 at night because i wanted to get out even thought it close at 10! It was nice the cool night air drive. And Joel (Evan’s dad) likes to talk which was cool! When we got ther it was 0930 but Luck for me Wal-mart didn't close until 11pm. I thought it was going to be a bit weird but it wasn't, we just talked like family. I wish my dad would talk forever like Joel :) I found lot of cool clothes like 3 and 7 dollar t-shirt but when I went to try them on the dressing rooms closed at 10. It was like 1030 when I went to try them on so I only bought a few which totally looked like would fit or I really really liked. And decided I would just have to come back at another time! Yeah!!

Sunday- We went to church (obviously) but the big high lights is that we are really adjusting the kids Bella in particular don't scream bloody murder every time the dog walks into the room and we are totally adjusted to the heat! It’s just hot know not HOT HOT HOT like the first day! It was nice to sit by Cheryilny she a great singer and loud in a good way! I can actually hear what the songs suppose to be sung like! Plus the have a mothers room but I found it only after I nursed in class room because I couldn't find it in such a big building! The place had like 3 sets of rest rooms. It also had 3 different wards go through there. A 1st & 2and (English) and 3rd ward (Spanish) Cherilyn got a new calling and was set apart so we got to be there for it. It's so nice to be part of little family events like this! It was kinda funny because in blessing for her young women’s calling they blessed her with boldness! All her sons and husband were saying you don't need to bless her with that she already gotten it! (She a very up front/bold person. In a good way) :P We the fished the night up with a great "Pa ti" didner . Charlie is such a good cook. well that all for now! More in a couple of days!

No comments: