It was the day before thanksgiving, and there was still much to do.
Laundry to wash and dishes too.
But in hurrying and scurrying of cleaning rooms
I took a breather and notices Bella was wearing some shoes
Not just any shoes but boots
My boots, I stopped to wonder if Victoria was in cahoots


Laundry to wash and dishes too.
But in hurrying and scurrying of cleaning rooms
I took a breather and notices Bella was wearing some shoes
Not just any shoes but boots
My boots, I stopped to wonder if Victoria was in cahoots
But as I started to fume I notice something else, she was cute
Moore than cute, but a 2 year old who just didn't give a hoot
She was lost in the moment of having fun
In the boots she wanted to dance, to prance to even run!
I thought I should slow down and enjoy this day
And then I realized, I too wanted to play
I wanted to enjoy the smiles she had to give
To Be able to be a mom who adored her children who were loud and small
To be outside with her children playing just having a ball
To be so proud of her child who were creative and smart
To be the Mom that gave her whole heart
SO that's just what I did, I stopped what I was doing
It didn't matter if I would be later brewing
Because things weren't going to be as clean as the could have been
I would just look at all those chores and take it all in with a grin
I would just throw up my hands and say what the hay
I was going to go and enjoy "Just an average great day!"
1 comment:
I love it! Super poem...Isn't it so fun to just give in and play sometimes?!
Post a Comment